The Safeguarding Officer is Catherine Barlow. Please contact her on: 0701282719 or email her here.
We take the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults very seriously and work hard to ensure we operate within the guidelines set by the Diocese.
The PCC adopted the Safeguarding Policy on Thursday 1st October 2020. It is as follows:
The Parish of All Saints’ with St John’s, Stamford
The following policy was agreed by the Parochial Church Council on 1st October 2020
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy our church is committed to:
· Promoting a safer environment and culture
· Safely recruiting and supporting those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
· Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern
· Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
· Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
· Responding to those that may present a risk to others in the appropriate way.
The Parish will:
· Create a safe and caring place for all
· Have a named parish safeguarding officer (PSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures
· Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse
· Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish
· Display in church premises and on the parish website the details of whom to contact if there are safeguarding concerns of any kind, following the House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately
· Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurs.
· Care for and monitor any members of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties
· Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually
· Review the implementation of the Safeguarding policy and procedure at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
The church appoints Catherine Barlow as the Parish Safeguarding Officer