DIRECTOR OF MUSIC
Director of Music – All Saints’ with St John’s Church, Stamford
We are looking for an experienced and gifted Director of Music who is able to work well with people, musicians and choirs from all backgrounds, ages and abilities. The focus of the role is to grow the music creatively in the parish and community while being an integral member of the leadership team building on the Christian vision to share the love of God with all.
All Saints’ with St John’s Church is based in the beautiful town of Stamford, Lincolnshire. The parish sits prominently in the centre and All Saints is the largest parish in Stamford. The church holds to a strong choral Anglican tradition where music, prayer and good teaching are at the heart of the church. The building is a grade 1 listed building and is connected to a local Church of England primary school and alms house. The church also runs a parish centre and is involved in the local community. It conducts a large number of weddings, funerals and civic services each year.
The church has a small SATB adult robed choir and Junior choir, both of which has been affected by Covid restrictions. The RCSM Voice for Life scheme is used with the Junior choir to develop their musical theory knowledge. The adult choir has sung in cathedral services.
The All Saints’ organ is a two manual Binns organ and the organ in St John’s church was played by Malcolm Sargent and is a three manual organ built by William Hill. St John’s is now maintained by the Churches Conservation Trust. A Bechstein grand piano is in All Saints’ Church. Services are mainly traditional Anglican sung services following Common Worship and an all-age worship service is held each month. Evensong has historically been sung once a month.
We seek someone who:
· will have oversight for music in services and all occasional offices at All Saints.
· will be principal organist and conductor of the church, planning music for services and occasional offices
· develop and lead the adult and junior choir, building good relationships with both choirs
· inspire the mission and ministry of the church through music
· look beyond the church to see opportunities for sharing faith through music
· works with the local church school to develop a scholarship programme
· develop concerts to support the musical tradition of the church
· have excellent qualifications and experience in music, organ, piano and singing.
· contain a mature Christian faith and be effective as a leader
· have the ability to lead while working effectively with the Rector, PCC and parishioners.
· be creative in their teaching
· enable others to grow in their own vocation and ministries
What we offer:
· opportunity to work with a loving and welcoming choir and parish
· competitive salary negotiated on qualification and experience
Appointment is subject to enhanced DBS and safer recruitment checks. Probation period of six months.
Please send your CV to the Rector of All Saints, Fr. Neil Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11th July
Interview: 15th July